Feeling islamophobic? Motion M-103 is out to get you!Iqra Khalid is pushing motion M-103 to make Islamophobia illegal. No, more than that, she wants to eliminate it. In her own words, she wants to:... develop a whole-of-government approach to reducing or eliminating systemic racism and religious discrimination including Islamophobia, in Canada, while ensuring a community-centered focus with a holistic response through evidence-based policy-makingBefore I unpack this motion, I'll explain my own point of view. Like many children of my time, I was taken to church and sunday school to get a weekly dose of religious education. But all that religion just sounded silly to me. Nevertheless, many years later, it might have been 1990, I set myself the task of taking another look at the religious texts. I got my hands on the Old Testament, the New Testament and a Quran.
I found all three to be packed with nonsense. How could any honest, clear thinking person believe so much stuff that was contradictory to evidence?
Then there were the moral problems. Right from the start, the Old Testament tells us to worship a god who practices collective punishment. Believe it or not, mortality is the punishment that everyone must pay because someone did something that didn't please this god. But it gets worse! The foundation of the New Testament is that one person can be sacrificed to atone for the crimes of all the others! How many whipping boys have suffered under the yoke of such religious turpitude?
The real kicker, however, was the jealosy of this god, this god of the Jews, this god of the Christians, this god of the Muslims. The religious texts have a very simple message for followers. That is to kill the unbeliever. And if the first lot don't get you, the next outfit will.
Perhaps not every Christian/Muslim/Jew thinks that unbelievers should be killed. But plenty do! The "moderates" of these religions say that it's only a few extremists. I don't trust them. I will trust them when they strip all the patent nonsense and barbarity out of their holy books.
Until that day, I remain suspicious that religious "moderates" are closet extremists.
Now, let's unpack the motion:
Iqra Khalid would make the whole-of-government a tool of religion. And the Canadian Government just might accommodate her. Islamophiles might be surprised to discover that Muslims don't really like them. Welcome to the Third Jihad.
- Expressions like whole-of-government are not to be taken lightly. When the whole-of-government is out to get you, you're in big poo. Usually, such Big Government behavior is reserved for all-out-warfare. But never fear. Remember the "war-on-drugs"? Big-Government didn't achieve anything more than make an arse of itself.
- Eliminating racism. Sounds fair enough. Unfortunately, racism can mean anything nowdays. Vote to leave the EU... You're a racist. I smell a Trojan Horse!
- Ah, here's the Trojan Horse-shit: religious discrimination. The historical record is clear, it is religion that is discriminatory towards anyone who isn't a slave to religious dogma:
- Giordano Bruno, burned at the stake.
- Michael Servetus, burned at the stake along with an entire edition of his book, Christianismi Restitutio. A book containing his discovery of pulmonary circulation. Convicted first by the Catholics, he escaped. Never fear, God had his way with Servetus. The Calvinists did the dirty deed. An early example of interfaith religious cooperation.
- Wherever modern-day Islam achieves political power, it becomes monstrous:
The Muslims have even tried to coopt the United Nations to suppress the freedom of everyone on the planet! Iqra Khalid is playing a sneaky game, but it's the same game, only dressed up as though anyone who objects is a racist.
- Islam in Iran
- Islam in Saudi Arabia
- Islam in Afghanistan and more Islam.
- Islam in Mauritania
- Islam in Sudan
- Islam in Yemen and more Islam
- Now we arrive at the big ticket item: Islamophobia. It's a constructed word, invented for nefarious purposes in the 1970's, by you know who.
Islam means either the religion of the Muslims or the Muslim world. Phobia means an unwarranted fear. Well, we can see how the Muslim nations behave. Any reasonable person would be afraid of Muslims.
- Finally we come to the really cynical part of this motion: evidence-based policy-making. When a politican (or civil servant) uses these words, what they actually do is "use evidence that supports their ideology and ignore all the evidence that does not". There is no evidence that any sort of god exists, let alone the Islamic god. Muhammad was a fraudster.
I say that there is no crime in being wary of people who believe weird stuff that is contrary to all the evidence. There is no crime in being fearful of people who would force their religion upon us.
Don't be a coward, stand up against Islamification.