Water Level in Tuggerah Lakes and Associated Rivers/Creeks
Manly Hydraulics Laboratory measures water level at a variety of
locations. Here I plot the water level measurements that have been provided
for our project.
Sites at which water level is measured fall into three
- Sites that are upstream of a weir but near
the estuary. These sites are extremely useful because they
provide a direct and accurate way of getting at catchment discharge.
- Wyong River, upstream of the weir.
- Sites that are unambiguously within one of the lakes.
These sites are extremely useful because they
provide a direct and accurate way of getting at ocean-lake
interactions and calibrating wind-stress.
- Tuggerah lake, at Long Jetty.
- Tuggerah lake, at Toukley.
- Sites that are ambiguous because they are up a creek
at locations that are
partly representative of the lakes and partly representative
of the catchment.
- Ourimbah Creek, at Lees Bridge. (Runs into Tuggerah Lake.)
Why not relocate
this gauge immediately upstream of the
Ourimbah Weir? Relocating would
make the measurements much more useful.
- Tumbi Umbi Creek. (Runs into Tuggerah Lake)
- Wallarah Creek. (Runs into Budgewoi Lake)