About the Club
History of Club
- established over three decades ago by a group of sportsmen who were interested in "hunting retrievers"
- in the early years, club members primarily trained their dogs as hunting companions, but several also trained for and competed in CKC Retriever Field Trails; many of which were hosted by the PEI Retriever Club.
- today the PEI Retriever Club consists of approxiamately twenty dedicated members who collectively pursue the whole spectrum of retriever activities.
- the PEI Retriever Club held it's first CKC Hunt Test in 1996, and since that time has held multiple Hunt Tests each and every year (over 40 CKC licensed Hunt Tests)
- this past year, the PEI Retriever Club hosted a total of four licensed Field Trials and four licenced Hunt Tests (all levels) in 2008.
- President: Todd Cormier
- Vice President: Patty Bourne
- Secretary: Barb Vessey
- Treasurer: Bev Fowler
- Directors: Walter Vessey, David Butler, Kenneth Vickerson, and Paul MacKinnon
- HT/FT Secretary: Barb Vessey
- FT Chairman: Walter Vessey
- HT Chairman: Walter Vessey