|2||i.||Euphemia MacDonald. She married (1) John MacIsaac. She married (2) Charles MacNeill 22 January 1843.|
|4||iii.||Nancy MacDonald. She married John Campbell.|
|+||5||iv.||Charles MacDonald, born 1828 in Scotland; died 10 December 1912.|
|+||6||v.||Archibald MacDonald, born 1829 in Isle of Skye, Scotland; died 06 May 1901 in Glen William.|
|+||7||vi.||Malcolm MacDonald, born 26 July 1831 in Orwell; died 29 December 1907.|
|+||8||vii.||Catherine MacDonald, born 11 February 1835; died 08 November 1902.|
|+||9||i.||Jane Glover MacDonald, born 10 December 1860 in Little Sands; died 25 December 1937.|
|+||10||ii.||Andrew Fyfe MacDonald, born 30 July 1862 in Georgetown; died 10 June 1913.|
|11||iii.||Isabella Wilson MacDonald, born 12 December 1864 (Source: Birth & Baptismal Register for St. David's, Georgetown. Acc.3617/1.).|
Children of John MacDonald and Mary MacCallum are:
|12||i.||Trenick "Frederick" MacDonald, born 20 September 1872; died July 1945. He married Charlotte Mathews.|
|13||ii.||John Norman MacDonald, born 01 July 1875; died 22 August 1927.|
|14||iii.||James Archibald MacDonald, born 14 April 1877; died 14 May 1954. He married Anna Margaret Hunter 03 December 1919.|
|15||iv.||Neil Dougald MacDonald, born 14 March 1880.|
|16||v.||Kenneth MacDonald, born 1884; died 19 September 1938 in British Columbia.|
5. Charles MacDonald (Norman) was born 1828 in Scotland, and died 10 December 1912. He married Mary MacMillan 08 December 1853. Charles and Mary resided in Wood Islands and all their children were baptised in Little Sands.
Children of Charles MacDonald and Mary MacMillan are:
|17||i.||Catherine MacDonald, born 29 November 1855.|
|18||ii.||Christy MacDonald, born 31 July 1857.|
|19||iii.||Samuel MacDonald, born 27 July 1859.|
6. Archibald MacDonald (Norman) was born 1829 in Isle of Skye, Scotland, and died 06 May 1901 in Glen William. He married (1) Elizabeth Bowles 22 February 1852, daughter of William Bowles and Ann Buchannan. Elizabeth was born 27 June 1832 in Pinette and died 19 March 1892 in Glen William. He married (2) Mary MacPhee Aft 1892. Archibald was a schoolteacher for many years in several area schools. In the marriage announcement in the Royal Gazette on 10 May, 1852, Archibald was listed as being the District Teacher for Cherry Valley. Nine years later the 11861 census has them living in Lot 62. Both the 1881 and 1891 census have Archibald and family living in Lot 63 where he was still listed as a schoolteacher. Archibald taught school at High Bank school, Loy 64, from the years 1877 to 1880 and Middleton in 1880 - 1881.
Little Sands Cemetery, lot 64, cem.5, stone 181
In memory of Elizabeth who departed this life March 19, 1892, age 58
Archibald who departed this life Oct 17, 1882 age 22 yrs
Dearly belved wife and son of Archibald McDonald, Glen William
"Weep not dear friend for us entomb'd, nor linger at the graves,
The flesh that in corruption lays, shall yet in immortal bloom."
Children of Archibald MacDonald and Elizabeth Bowles are:
|+||20||i.||John MacDonald, born 1853.|
|+||21||ii.||Elizabeth Caroline MacDonald, born 21 February 1854 in Wood Islands; died 1933.|
|+||22||iii.||Annie Marie MacDonald, born 18 March 1856 in Little Sands, Prince Edward Island; died 21 April 1933 in DeSable.|
|+||23||iv.||Katherine J. MacDonald, born 26 February 1858; died 25 February 1948.|
|24||v.||Archibald C. MacDonald, born June 1860; died 17 October 1882 in Glen William.|
|25||vi.||Alexis MacDonald, born 1862. She married John MacLeod.|
|26||vii.||Charles MacDonald, born 29 March 1865.|
|27||viii.||Neil C. MacDonald, born 1867.|
|28||ix.||Ida MacDonald, born 1869.|
|29||x.||John W. C. MacDonald, born 1871.|
|30||xi.||Malcolm Murdock MacDonald, born 1875. He married Annie P. Stewart.|
7. Malcolm MacDonald (Norman) was born 26 July 1831 in Orwell (Source: Belfast Church Records), and died 29 December 1907. He married Catherine MacPherson 20 September 1866. Catherine was born 01 May 1834 in Belle River and died 24 October 1920 in Little Sands. Malcolm and Catherine are interred in the Little Sands Cemetery. Malcolm was a stone mason and an example of his craftsmanship may be seen in the City Hall building in Charlottetown on the corner of Queen and Kent streets.
(Evening Patriot November 30, 1955)
"MacDonald-The death occurred at the home of Mrs. James Cook, Belle River on Tuesday, November 29, 1955 of Neil MacDonald in his 89th year. Funeral will be held Thursday, December 1st from Little Sands United Church, service commencing at 2 pm. Interment Little Sands Cemetery. Remains resting at Gillis Funeral Home, Eldon, until time of funeral."
(Evening Patriot Dec 6, 1955)
"The many friends and neighbours here in Little Sands regret to hear of the death of one of Little Sands fine old gentlemen, in the person of Mr. Neil MacDonald, who passed away at Mrs. Cook's, Belle River, on Tuesday evening. Mr. MacDonald was in his 89th year. Doubly sad is it for the relatives as his brother John passed away one month previously. Two of Little Sands fine old gentlemen have passed on and we here will cherish their memory."
Children of Malcolm MacDonald and Catherine MacPherson are:
|31||i.||Neil MacDonald, born 07 September 1867; died 29 November 1955.|
|+||32||ii.||John E. MacDonald, born 09 October 1869; died 28 October 1955 in Little Sands.|
|33||iii.||Isabella MacDonald, born 07 February 1885.|
8. Catherine MacDonald (Norman) was born 11 February 1835 (Source: Belfast Church Records, p.88.), and died 08 November 1902. She married Duncan Archibald MacNeill 30 August 1866. Duncan was born 01 April 1834 and died in 1928. Duncan was a farmer in Little Sands. Both Duncan and Catherine are interred in the Little Sand Cemetery.
The Examiner, January 03, 1876, p.3:
Died: At little Sands on Friday the 24th December, of scarlet fever, Catherine Johanna, youngest & beloved daughter of Duncan & Catherine McNeill, aged 3 years 2 months and 13 days.
Children of Catherine MacDonald and Duncan MacNeill are:
|34||i.||Sarah C. MacNeill, born 29 June 1867; died 11 February 1907. She married Angus D. Smith.|
|35||ii.||Neil Malcolm MacNeill, born 1870; died 02 April 1889.|
|36||iii.||Catherine Johanna MacNeill, born 10 October 1873; died 24 December 1878 in Little Sands.|
|37||iv.||Catherine MacNeill, born 06 June 1878.|
|38||v.||Archibald MacNeill, born 23 January 1880.|
|39||i.||Jennie Elizabeth Stewart, born July 1891; died 26 November 1920.|
|40||ii.||Louis Archibald Stewart, born 27 April 1894; died 09 January 1895.|
|41||iii.||Anna Gertrude Stewart, born 1896; died 20 April 1897.|
10. Andrew Fyfe MacDonald (John, Norman) was born 30 July 1862 in Georgetown (Source: Birth & Baptismal Register for St. David's, Georgetown. Acc.3617/1), and died 10 June 1913. He married Louisa Garnhum.
Information on Andrew's family comes from Marylou Beck.
MaryLouBeck@aol.com. Marylou and I are third cousins once removed.
Children of Andrew MacDonald and Louisa Garnhum are:
|42||i.||Constance MacDonald, born in Charlottetown. She married Nelson Whitlock.|
|43||ii.||Kathleen MacDonald, born in Charlottetown. She married Angus Morrison.|
|44||iii.||Elizabeth MacDonald, born in Charlottetown. She married Tim Donnelly.|
|45||iv.||George MacDonald, born in Charlottetown. He married Stella Unknown.|
|+||46||v.||George Brenton MacDonald, born 12 September 1896 in Charlottetown P.E.I.; died 31 May 1965 in Boston.|
|47||vi.||Donald MacDonald, born in Charlottetown.|
20. John MacDonald (Archibald, Norman) was born 1853. He married Catherine MacLeod. The 1891 census for Lot 63 shows Catherine as being born about 1858 and John's occupation is listed as 'can maker'. All members of this family are also shown as being members of the Baptist Church.
Children of John MacDonald and Catherine MacLeod are:
|48||i.||Lora MacDonald, born Abt 1886.|
|49||ii.||Bessie MacDonald, born Abt 1888.|
|50||iii.||Archibald MacDonald, born Abt 1890.|
21. Elizabeth Caroline MacDonald (Archibald, Norman) was born 21 February 1854 in Wood Islands, and died 1933. She married Alexander D. MacLeod, born 08 November 1854 and died in 1938.
1928 Cummings Atlas & Directory, lots 63 & 64.
McLeod A.D.; PO St. Mary's Rd.; wife Elizabeth McDonald; children: Annie; Susan; Margaret; Lucy; Isabelle; Elizabeth; Christina; Murdock; Archibald; Alexander; John Wm. (Pte. in 14th R.M.R., C.E.F.); Charles (Lieut. 15th R.H.C., C.E.F.)
Children of Elizabeth MacDonald and Alexander MacLeod are:
|+||51||i.||Isabelle MacLeod, born 07 April 1878; died 1951.|
|52||ii.||Murdock MacLeod, born Abt 1881. He married Georgie Foster.|
|53||iii.||Archibald MacLeod, born 09 February 1882. He married Gertrude Dixon.|
|+||54||iv.||Elizabeth MacLeod, born 01 February 1885; died 31 October 1979.|
|55||v.||Alexander MacLeod, born 27 May 1886; died 1973. He married Ida MacSwain.|
|+||56||vi.||Christy Annie MacLeod, born 03 June 1891; died 1982.|
|57||vii.||John William MacLeod, born 10 April 1893. He married Mae Crawford.|
|+||58||viii.||Charles MacLeod, born 16 September 1894; died 1986.|
|59||ix.||Lucy MacLeod, born 24 November 1897; died 1918.|
|60||x.||Margaret "Maggie" Lorena MacLeod, born 22 November 1900; died 1901.|
|61||xi.||Susan MacLeod, born 27 December 1889; died 1890.|
|62||xii.||Annie MacLeod, born May 1877; died 23 February 1891.|
22. Annie Marie MacDonald (Archibald, Norman) was born 18 March 1856 in Little Sands, Prince Edward Island, and died 21 April 1933 in DeSable. She married Donald Forbes MacNeill 16 November 1875 in Free Church of Scotland, DeSable. Donald was born 06 August 1852 the son of Archibald MacNeill and Eunice Campbell and died 28 September 1934. Donald and Annie Marie are interred in the Argyle Shore Cemetery. These are my great-grand-parents and more on the MacNeill family may be seen in the MacNeill file.
Children of Annie MacDonald and Donald MacNeill are:
|+||63||i.||Eunice Dina MacNeill, born 24 March 1877 in DeSable; died 19 March 1969.|
|+||64||ii.||Bertha May MacNeill, born 21 July 1879 in Hampton.|
|65||iii.||Archibald Abner MacNeill, born 13 November 1881.|
|+||66||iv.||Ada MacNeill, born 22 September 1885 in DeSable; died 11 June 1974.|
|+||67||v.||Catherine Jemmima MacNeill, born 29 September 1888 in Dover, Prince Edward Island.|
|68||vi.||Walter Daniel MacNeill, born 29 March 1891.|
|+||69||vii.||Hector MacKay MacNeill, born 15 October 1897 in DeSable; died 03 May 1983 in Charlottetown.|
|70||viii.||Catherine Vernice MacNeill, born 1923; Adopted child.|
23. Katherine J. MacDonald (Archibald, Norman) was born 26 February 1858, and died 25 February 1948. She married William J. Bears, born 21 December 1860 and died 26 May 1933. Both Katherine and William are interred in the Murray River Gladstone Cemetery. William was listed as both shoemaker and farmer in the 1891 census for Lot 63.
Child of Katherine MacDonald and William Bears is:
|71||i.||Mildred S. Bears, born Abt 1890.|
32. John E. MacDonald (Malcolm, Norman) was born 09 October 1869, and died 28 October 1955 in Little Sands. He married Sarah Jane "Sadie" Stewart in 1907. Sarah Jane was born 20 May 1887 in Belle River, the daughter of Alexander Stewart and Catherine Bell, and died 04 December 1929. John and Sadie are interred in the Little Sands Cemetery.
Children of John MacDonald and Sarah Stewart are:
|72||i.||Kathryn Florence MacDonald, born 1909 in Little Sands. She married George Harry White 19 January 1932.|
|73||ii.||Colemene Kitty MacDonald, born 1910 in Little Sands. She married George Heath Ellis 19 November 1932.|
|74||iii.||Alexander Stewart MacDonald, born 1912 in Little Sands. He married Hesta Arletta Baker 01 July 1946.|
|75||iv.||Twin Male MacDonald, born 15 April 1913 in Little Sands; died 15 April 1913.|
|76||v.||Twin Male MacDonald, born 15 April 1913 in Little Sands; died 15 April 1913.|
|77||vi.||Margaret Christine MacDonald, born 1914. She married Peter Axel Nystrom.|
|78||vii.||Olive Vivian MacDonald, born 16 December 1915 in Little Sands; died 09 May 1985. She married Malcolm MacLennan.|
|+||79||viii.||Nella Anne MacDonald, born 1917 in Little Sands.|
|80||ix.||Marion Irene MacDonald, born 23 July 1919; died 13 December 1951. She married Elmer Livingstone.|
|81||x.||Velda Elizabeth MacDonald, born 1921. She married Herb Cannon.|
|82||xi.||Female MacDonald, born 28 August 1924; died 28 August 1924.|
|83||xii.||Male MacDonald, born 22 November 1929; died 1929.|
|84||i.||Mary Louise Elizabeth MacDonald, born 1932 in New York City, New York. She married (1) Thomas Michael Carlucci 13 December 1953. She married (2) Richard A. Beck Aft 1960.|
|85||ii.||Constance Eleanor Theresa MacDonald, born 1937 in New York City, New York. She married (1) Socrates Gabriel Antoniou 20 July 1957. She married (2) Herbert Christopher Gardenier 22 April 1967.|
|86||iii.||Georgette Kathleen Agnes MacDonald, born 1940 in New York City, New York. She married George Kramer 11 November 1961.|
51. Isabelle MacLeod (Elizabeth Caroline MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 07 April 1878, and died 1951. She married David Benjamin Clow, born 16 September 1871, the son of John Clow and Mary Clouston, and died 16 January 1905. David Benjamin and Isabelle are interred in the Murray Harbour North Presbyterian Cemetery.
Children of Isabelle MacLeod and David Clow are:
|87||i.||J. G. Cameron Clow, born 13 December 1896; died 07 October 1970 (Source: Cemetery burial records.). He married G. Hazel MacKay.|
|88||ii.||Thomas Lorne Clow, born 22 May 1898; died 17 May 1962 (Source: Cemetery burial records.).|
|89||iii.||Alexander A. Clow, born 24 July 1900.|
|90||iv.||May Lorena Clow, born 1901; died 17 April 1931. She married Clifford Stanley Jackson.|
|91||v.||Elizabeth Caroline Clow, born 1903; died 19 April 1904.|
54. Elizabeth MacLeod (Elizabeth Caroline MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 01 February 1885, and died 31 October 1979. She married Artemas Allan MacSwain, born 08 August 1884 and died 14 April 1965. Artemas Allan and Elizabeth are interred in the Peter's Road Presbyterian Cemetery.
Children of Elizabeth MacLeod and Artemas MacSwain are:
|92||i.||Alexander D. MacSwain, born 06 June 1914; died 02 January 1966 in Montague. He married Ethel Mae Butler.|
|93||ii.||John William MacSwain, born 26 March 1916 in Greek River Road; died 10 August 1974 in Charlottetown. He married Helen Butler.|
56. Christy Annie MacLeod (Elizabeth Caroline MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 03 June 1891, and died 1982. She married Frederick W. Johnston, born 1892 and died 1969. Both Frederick W. and Christy Annie are interred in the Murray River Cemetery.
Children of Christy MacLeod and Frederick Johnston are:
58. Charles MacLeod (Elizabeth Caroline MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 16 September 1894, and died 1986. He married Ester Bruce 25 August 1920 in Valleyfield.
Charles and Ester are listed in the 1928 Cummings Atlas with 2 children, living in Lot 63-64 (St. Mary's Rd. PO) It also has Charles as Lieut. 15th R.H.C., C.E.F.
Children of Charles MacLeod and Ester Bruce are:
63. Eunice Dina MacNeill (Annie Marie MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 24 March 1877 in DeSable, and died 19 March 1969. She married Duncan J. Campbell 27 November 1898 in Boston. Duncan was born 07 October 1868, the son of John Campbell and Mary MacDougall, and died 06 June 1951. Duncan and Eunice are interred in the Argyle Shore Cemetery.
Children of Eunice MacNeill and Duncan Campbell are:
|100||i.||Marilao Belle Campbell, born 09 April 1899; died 23 February 1998 in Keene, New Hampshire. She married Sanford Oliver MacDonald 12 May 1928.|
|101||ii.||James Victor Campbell, born 01 July 1900; died 11 December 1995. He married Louisa Ruth Murchison 30 July 1924.|
|102||iii.||Stanley Gordon Campbell, born 18 November 1901; died 25 August 1980. He married Euphemia C. MacEachern 19 March 1927.|
|103||iv.||Mary Ruth Campbell, born 16 November 1903; died 10 August 1990. She married William Arthur MacEachern 26 October 1924.|
|104||v.||Gladys Edna Campbell, born 1905. She married (1) Daniel O'Hanley. She married (2) Roger Vitterio.|
|105||vi.||John Calvin Campbell, born 21 November 1909; died May 1989. He married Rose Matilda Conway.|
|106||vii.||Donald Carlyle Campbell, born 07 May 1911; died 03 March 1936. He married Myra Ruth Gamble 21 October 1935.|
|107||viii.||Russell Garfield Campbell, born 14 May 1915; died July 1992. He married Mary Ada Clow 27 June 1942.|
|108||ix.||Edwin Angus Campbell, born 08 September 1917; died 01 March 1935.|
|109||x.||Abner Archibald Campbell, born 24 June 1919; died 14 May 1975. He married Jennie MacNevin 1947.|
64. Bertha May MacNeill (Annie Marie MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 21 July 1879 in Hampton. She married Herbert Nelson.
Children of Bertha MacNeill and Herbert Nelson are:
|113||iv.||Velma Nelson, born 12 August 1906; died 18 March 1991 in Warrick, Rhode Island, USA..|
66. Ada MacNeill (Annie Marie MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 22 September 1885 in DeSable, and died 11 June 1974. She married William Gillis.
Child of Ada MacNeill and William Gillis is:
|114||i.||Lilla Bernice MacNeill, born 17 June 1904; died 12 April 1986. She married John K. MacFadyen.|
67. Catherine Jemmima MacNeill (Annie Marie MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 29 September 1888 in Dover, Prince Edward Island. She married William Earl Rogerson 15 June 1917.
Children of Catherine MacNeill and William Rogerson are:
|116||ii.||Richard Rogerson, died April 1997. He married Adella Dingwell.|
69. Hector MacKay MacNeill (Annie Marie MacDonald, Archibald, Norman) was born 15 October 1897 in DeSable, and died 03 May 1983 in Charlottetown. He married Freda Grace MacKinnon 11 August 1922, daughter of Ewen MacKinnon and Hattie Myers.
Hector MacNeill and his wife Freda Grace (MacKinnon) are buried in the Argyle Shore Cemetary beside Hector's parents, Donald Forbes MacNeill and Anne Belle (MacDonald). There is no headstone for Hector and Freda.
Children of Hector MacNeill and Freda MacKinnon are:
|117||i.||Francis Vernita MacNeill, born 1924 in DeSable. She married William Jacob Faithfull 30 August 1945 in Zion Church, Charlottetown, P.E.I..|
|118||ii.||Norman Windsor MacNeill, born 1926 in DeSable. He married Marjorie Theresa Arsenault 08 July 1952 in Trinity United Church, Charlottetown.|
|119||iii.||Errol Chesley MacNeill, born 1935 in DeSable. He married (1) Linda Marie Roper 21 July 1960. He married (2) Sheridyth Olivia Tredenick 16 August 1975.|
79. Nella Anne MacDonald (John E., Malcolm, Norman) was born 17 September 1917 in Little Sands. She married John Stanley Livingstone 18 August 1938 in Trinity United Church, Charlottetown. John was born 18 May 1910, the son of Donald Livingstone and Mary MacLeod, and died 26 January 1970.
Children of Nella MacDonald and John Livingstone are:
|120||i.||Ronald Barry Livingstone, born 1939 in High Bank. He married Joan Christene Campbell 01 July 1964 in Murray River United Church.|
|121||ii.||Donna Joyce Livingstone, born 1943 in Little Sands. She married John Donald Kennedy 26 August 1966 in Trinity United Church, Charlottetown.|
|122||iii.||Velda Mary Livingstone, born 1949 in Charlottetown. She married Stephen Douglas Wurts 08 August 1970 in Park Royal United Church, Parkdale.|
|123||iv.||Stanley Wayde Livingstone, born 1952 in Charlottetown. He married Deborah Ann Dixon 25 February 1978.|